Branding is important in symbolizing the purpose and mission behind a company, what they want to accomplish.
What is a Brand?
Think of the Brand as a symbol that not only represents your products, but also represents how the public views the company as a whole. When it comes to the decision of a buyer to purchase a product , it comes down to the brand. People are more likely to purchase a product that is conceived as more reliable and has the reputation being constantly in an upward trend. This leads to popularity being established.
Regardless of when you start to build your own brand, it is never too late to take the right steps in order to establish an image that people will choose. The different ways to go about branding is looked at as branding strategies.
- Name Brand Recognition- Well-established companies using the power of their name brand to extend to their products.
- Individual Branding- When suppliers produce products that become independent from other products in the store.
- Attitude Branding – When the brand becomes personalized to its customers such as Apple, NCAA, Nike.
- “No-Brand” Branding – These are simple and generic designs.
- Brand Extension – An example of brand extension would be, a cereal company now making plates and silverware.
- Private Labels – These labels are often seen in grocery stores such as Publix, Wal-Mart, and Giant Eagle.
- Crowdsourcing – This allows for customers to get involved by allowing them to create an appropriate brand.
Branding from Scratch
When starting to build your brand from scratch, there are a few steps you need to follow in order to allow for the brand to be implemented to the company effectively. These include ( in order):
- Research target audience and competitors in the field
- Customer research is the main focus
- Pick a focus and personality
- Market hierarchy: Market to Channel to Personas
- Choose a business name
- Market fit , start with short URL to help visualization of brand name and URL availability
- Write your slogan
- In one sentence, what is it that you do?
- Pick colors and font for the brand
- While colors create feelings, fonts create awareness
- Design your logo for the brand
- Create visibility and should have strong market fit
- Apply the brand across the business and evolve it as it grows
- Planning a media mix to create awareness across digital and traditional platforms
Do you understand the importance behind Logo and Brand Consistency? Click here to learn more.
For more information on Branding, click here to schedule a meeting.