Coaching: Social Distancing Edition
What is Virtual Coaching?
Coaches are experienced people who support a learner or client that are seeking to achieve a
personal or professional goal. The coach provides training and guidance through their own
experience in order to help reach this goal. A virtual coach is a regular coach but doing all the
same guidance online, usually for the same goal.
The types of virtual coaching varies and there is a coach for almost every type of situation.
Below there is a list of the different types of regular coaches that are most common down below,
which translates to virtual coaching as well. Along with that are the 5 benefits most noticed
when using online coaching instead of in-person coaching.
Types of Coaching
- Executive Coaching – aiding leaders or managers in an organization, in hopes of
improving their skills, performance, and leadership roles.
- Leadership Coaching – This is usually held by leaders with an abundance of previous
leadership roles. This is when leaders specifically focus on improving the roles of other
- Career Coaching – This is when leaders focus on an individual’s career and career
- Team Coaching – Improving a teams performance, while also fulfilling the lives of its
- Business Coaching – Providing support, feedback, and advice to improve the
performance of individuals in the business setting.
- Systemic Coaching – This coaching focuses on organizational change as well as the
entities within the organization.
- Life Coaching – Focuses on an individuals development, career paths, and way of life.
5 Benefits of Online Coaching for Clients
- More options for meeting with the coach outside of regular hours
- Helps for allowing options for people living in remote communities
- Just-in-time learning for clients so they can get coached at any time
- connecting with peers from a wider cross-section providing anonymity
- connect with others from the same industry in different parts of the world
For more info about online coaching benefits, visit: